My favorite holiday appetizer is a delicious warm, sweet and decadent dish of melted pears, butter, brown sugar, Gorgonzola cheese, and pecans. Served with toasted french bread this sure is a treat to look forward to each year.
Baked Pears with Pecans and Gorgonzola Cheese Ingredients
- 2-3 large ripe pears
- 3 tablespoons butter: 2 softened, 1 melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, white pepper & dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of toasted and chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 tablespoons of crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 450º
- Prepare the pears by peeling, then slicing into slices about 1 inch thick
- Brush pears with softened butter and place in a buttered 9-inch + baking dish
- Bake at 450º for 15 minutes. Remove, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, white pepper & dash of nutmeg. Bake for another 15 minutes or until soft and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile combine pecans, brown sugar and melted butter in a small bowl, stirring to coat nuts. Top pear dish contents with mix and cheese. Broil pears at the furthest distance from the heat for about 5 minutes until the cheese melts.